Almost completed the Basic Version Kmeans Clustering on mahout Samsara
KHATWANI PARTH BHARAT
2017-05-06 18:27:04 UTC
Hello All
I have completed the Kmeans algorithm which was outlined by Dmitriy Lyubimov
<https://www.amazon.in/Dmitriy-Lyubimov/e/B01C3NU4R0/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1>
in
answer to my question in the topic Trying to write the KMeans Clustering
Using "Apache Mahout Samsara".
I have tested the algorithm on Single node and it is working fine but i
have not yet tested on the cluster. I will soon commit the this algorithm
in the Github Branch Having Initial Kmeans Code
<https://github.com/parth2691/Spark_Mahout/tree/Dmitriy-Lyubimov> which i
have shared in previous mail chain.

Thanks to Dmitriy and Trevor for helping in completing this.

Thanks & Regards
Parth Khatwani
Trevor Grant
2017-05-06 18:58:52 UTC
That's awesome!!

Would you be interested in committing to the Mahout project as part of the
new algorithms framework so other users could take advantage of it?

Would require adding some functionality to make it consistent with other
algorithms. Happy to help with this.

Trevor Grant
Data Scientist
https://github.com/rawkintrevo
http://stackexchange.com/users/3002022/rawkintrevo
http://trevorgrant.org

*"Fortunate is he, who is able to know the causes of things." -Virgil*

Parth Khatwani
KHATWANI PARTH BHARAT
2017-05-06 19:38:13 UTC
Yes i would lie to commit it to mahout project.
But first i would like to verify that algorithm works perfectly fine in he
cluster as well.
Trevor you share the steps required to commit it in mahout project.

Thanks & Regards
Parth Khatwani
Parth Khatwani
Trevor Grant
2017-05-07 23:18:18 UTC
I've created a tutorial that will be included in the new website.

You can view it now here:
https://github.com/apache/mahout/blob/master/website/docs/tutorials/misc/contributing-algos/index.md

We have a few new people now that have expressed interest in contributing
algorithms, hopefully this will help make it clear how a new algorithm
'fits in' to the framework.

Let me know anything else I can do to support you!

Trevor Grant
Data Scientist
https://github.com/rawkintrevo
http://stackexchange.com/users/3002022/rawkintrevo
http://trevorgrant.org

*"Fortunate is he, who is able to know the causes of things." -Virgil*

On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 2:38 PM, KHATWANI PARTH BHARAT <