Spark 2.2 and pom.xml configuration - Mahout-2000
dustin vanstee
2017-07-17 16:02:09 UTC
Hi, Trevor and I were able to get the latest version of Mahout to compile
with Spark 2.2. The main tweaks being that Spark 2.2 requires java8 and
hadoop2.6 or greater. This issue is that we have a hadoop2 profile that
sets up hadoop.version= 2.4.1, and loads dependencies and this is only
compatible with Spark 2.1 and below. I would like to propose removing the
hadoop2 profile, and just baking in the hadoop version and dependencies
within each spark profile. I wanted to run that by the community before I
went to far with it and get some feedback if there would be a better
alternative. Trevor can you weigh in if I missed something?
Trevor Grant
2017-07-17 17:21:37 UTC
What if we remove the hadoop2 profile, making all of its setting just hard
coded default (it existed at the time bc Hadoop 1/Hadoop 2, but we haven't
supported hadoop 1 for a while.

Then, override those values in the Spark 2.2. profile with Hadoop2.6, and
specify Java8 with a plugin so it will fail on the build if compiled with
java7

My thought.
dustin vanstee