Stickers
Andrew Musselman
2016-06-02 22:53:42 UTC
Team, I'd like to introduce Justin Dorfman, who's been volunteering to help
projects with producing stickers, and has been talking with Sally Khudairi
about how to help projects out in general with marketing.

Justin, could you let us know how to go about it? We have logo art already
unless the team felt like updating it.

Thanks!
Andrew Musselman
2016-06-03 00:50:59 UTC
Cool, thanks for the advice.

Anyone have that original vector file if it exists?
Hey Andrew,
Sure thing. After reviewing Mahout's artwork it looks like it was exported
from a vector format (.svg, .ai). If that is the case then I would order Die
Cut Stickers <https://www.stickermule.com/products/die-cut-stickers> from
StickerMule. I suggest that vendor because you can easily sell them
<https://www.stickermule.com/marketplace/sell> in their marketplace. They
deal with the shipping, payment processing, etc. This will help promote the
brand/project and could also raise money for the ASF. It won't be a lot but
every dollar counts.
https://www.stickermule.com/marketplace/1788-vim-sticker
Let me know if you need help getting the artwork ready for StickerMule or
any other vendor you choose. Honestly I worked with other vendors and the
quality doesn't match SM.
Regards,
*Justin Dorfman*
Director of Developer Relations
Cell: (818) 903-4407
www.maxcdn.com
<https://www.maxcdn.com/open-source/>
*I'm speaking at Open Source Bridge* | June 21–24, 2016 | Portland, Oregon
http://opensourcebridge.org/sessions/1695 | #OSB16
<https://twitter.com/hashtag/OSB16?src=hash>
Thanks!
Suneel Marthi
2016-06-03 01:07:11 UTC
Yup that's the one

Sent from my iPhone
this guy?
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mahout/site/mahout_cms/trunk/content/images/mahout-logo.svg
Thanks!
Andrew Musselman
2016-06-03 01:12:39 UTC
Yeah there's also a "powered by" version with that in the mahout src at
src/main/images/logos.
Thanks!
Suneel Marthi

Thanks!
Andrew Musselman
Thanks!
Andrew Musselman
2016-06-03 01:24:22 UTC
Ordered a hundred; will post the proof when it's ready.
Post by Andrew Musselman
How many to start with, 100?
Post by Suneel Marthi
The one pointed below is what I would stick on my laptop
Sent from my iPhone
On Jun 2, 2016, at 9:12 PM, Andrew Musselman <
Thanks!
Andrew Musselman
2016-06-03 02:01:31 UTC
https://www.stickermule.com/artworks/755889?token=cded79155151fd30df04ad7f2a37cbc3
Post by Andrew Musselman
Ordered a hundred; will post the proof when it's ready.
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Andrew Musselman <
Post by Andrew Musselman
How many to start with, 100?
Thanks!
Andrew Musselman
2016-06-03 02:12:32 UTC
The link to buy:
https://www.stickermule.com/en/marketplace/13179-apache-mahout
Post by Andrew Musselman
https://www.stickermule.com/artworks/755889?token=cded79155151fd30df04ad7f2a37cbc3
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 6:24 PM, Andrew Musselman <
Post by Andrew Musselman
Ordered a hundred; will post the proof when it's ready.
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Andrew Musselman <
Post by Andrew Musselman
How many to start with, 100?
Post by Suneel Marthi
The one pointed below is what I would stick on my laptop
Sent from my iPhone
On Jun 2, 2016, at 9:12 PM, Andrew Musselman <
Yeah there's also a "powered by" version with that in the mahout src
at
src/main/images/logos.
Thanks!
Suneel Marthi
2016-06-03 02:14:07 UTC
The MapR folks were referring me to stickermule for customized stickers, so
great to see that most Apache projects r already working with stickermule.

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 10:12 PM, Andrew Musselman <
Post by Andrew Musselman
https://www.stickermule.com/en/marketplace/13179-apache-mahout
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 7:01 PM, Andrew Musselman <
Post by Andrew Musselman
Ordered a hundred; will post the proof when it's ready.
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Andrew Musselman <
Post by Andrew Musselman
How many to start with, 100?
Post by Andrew Musselman
Post by Andrew Musselman
Post by Andrew Musselman
Thanks!
Andrew Musselman
2016-06-03 15:13:42 UTC
Thanks Scott, we will be happy for the traffic!
I’ll post this to the DFW Data Science user group sometime later this
evening. If you don’t want the traffic, please write back before 8 pm.
Stickers !!!!
:)
Thanks,
SCott
Post by Suneel Marthi
Post by Andrew Musselman
Ordered a hundred; will post the proof when it's ready.
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Andrew Musselman <
Post by Andrew Musselman
How many to start with, 100?
Post by Suneel Marthi
Post by Andrew Musselman
Post by Andrew Musselman
Post by Andrew Musselman
Post by Andrew Musselman
Post by Suneel Marthi
at
src/main/images/logos.
On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 6:07 PM, Suneel Marthi <
Post by Suneel Marthi
Yup that's the one
Sent from my iPhone
<javascript:;>>