Welcome our GSoC Student Aditya Sarma
Trevor Grant
2017-05-04 17:24:36 UTC
Hello all,

I want to extend a warm welcome to Aditya Sarma, who has been accepted to
the Mahout Project as Part of the Google Summer of Code program.

Aditya will be working on "DBSCAN Clustering In Mahout", if you go back in
the archives you can see his full proposal.

We're really excited to have him, and looking forward to a great summer.

Aditya, would you like to say a few words to introduce yourself?
Jim Jagielski
KHATWANI PARTH BHARAT
2017-05-04 19:40:21 UTC
All The Best Aditya!
Post by Jim Jagielski
Welcome!!
2017-05-04 20:45:16 UTC
Hi everyone,

It feels really nice to know that I've been selected to work with Mahout as
part of GSoC 2017. I'm a senior undergraduate student from BITS Pilani,
India <http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/> with interests in Data Mining,
Machine Learning (more towards the algorithmic aspects) and I think it's a
really good time to contribute to Mahout. From the time I've subscribed to
the mailing list, I've seen quite a few big developments happening, be it
the logo design, reworking the website or work on the algorithms framework.

I'm looking forward to working with Trevor on the clustering submodule. And
it's good to see that Trevor recently issued a JIRA ticket for adding the
Canopy clustering algorithm to Mahout.

I hope I will be a part of many more algorithms that will be a part of
Mahout in the future.

Thank you all.

PS: Special thanks to you Trevor, for guiding me through the process and
answering all my doubts/queries.

Regards,
Aditya

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 1:10 AM, KHATWANI PARTH BHARAT <
Post by KHATWANI PARTH BHARAT
All The Best Aditya!
Welcome!!
Jim Jagielski
Shannon Quinn
Andrew Musselman
2017-05-15 22:42:42 UTC
Welcome to the team; thanks for pitching in!
Post by Shannon Quinn
Likewise :) Welcome Aditya!
Post by Aditya
[...]
Post by Jim Jagielski